Good results with the 58 1.4G on a D800???

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
designdog
Contributing MemberPosts: 959Gear list
Like?
Good results with the 58 1.4G on a D800???
2 months ago

After much resistance, I ordered a 58mm 1.4G. Just could not deny the stunning photographs I have seen posted by users of the lens.

Of course as I wait for the Fedex truck to arrive, I am having buyer anxiety big time. Last night I read over all of the reviews I had originally looked at, and confirmed my decision to buy this lens. I know about its weaknesses and strengths. I have several high resolving, super sharp at wide aperture lenses. What I want with this one is character.

One point that I need clarification on is the lens performance on a D800. There are several reviewers who point out its strengths on a DF. This may partly be because they already have a DF, and are looking for some good things to write about it!

I realize that many D800 owners get the reps as full time pixel peepers, and that this is one lens that does not encourage pixel peeping, but I can't see why the same lovely character one gets using it on a DF, or a D4, won't  also be apparent on a D800. Anyone out there with experience using this lens on a D800?

Thanks.

designdog's gear list:designdog's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +4 more
Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow