Who said "Who said" subject lines are a good idea?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 13,469
Like?
Who said "Who said" subject lines are a good idea?
7 months ago

This isn't aimed at anyone, but we are getting a lot of them lately, and it concerns me a bit.  Its a trend that is spreading to many forums.  It puts up 'straw dog' argument that are easy to knock down, so they aren't particularly impressive to those in the know.

But I think, they can cause a person who is possibly investigating mirrorless or m4/3s (any system really) to become concerned over issues that don't exist and increases 'chatter' about the suitability of a given system.

True, the straw dog problem presented is quickly knocked down by the content of the post, but a casual person surfing various forums might look at the straw dog questions and validly wonder just how useful a given format or system is for their needs if the question pops up in the first place.  And the more of them the see, the less positive their understanding is of whatever they are investigating at the time.

Like I said, this isn't aimed at anyone in particular, it's too common now to point anyone out anyway.  I'm just putting this idea out there for consideration.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow