I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,156Gear list
Like?
Re: I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!
In reply to Mark Chan, 5 months ago

Mark Chan wrote:

Anders, lol, guilty as charged

The laugh is all on you. As everyone can see for themselves, you dodged my question. So you were caught with your pants down spreading false allegations again, just as you were a couple of months ago. See here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53300363

(going at it again)

Judging by the evidence (as exemplified by the link above and my comments below), frequent repetition and painstakingly detailed explanations appear necessary in order for you to get the point.

I also bet I could take a faster snap of that pic you took of the cyclists with a. Manual lens.

There is no reason to bet since I already told you (at the end of the post of mine to which you reply) that a more efficient method when shooting by-passing bikers is to pre-AF or MF. The implication is that I might have shot what I shot just as well (but not better) with a manual lens.

What's the point?

You didn't get that? So let me explain. The point is to prove you wrong. It is now clear that neither of the two examples you gave to illustrate your needs for faster AF than the 20 can provide holds up. Your contrived example, where you are shooting a landscape and then suddenly, in a split-second, turn to shoot your kid running towards you "at close quarters" was dealt with already in the previous thread. Your second example was the one we are now talking about: by-passing bikers.

First, and ironically, you now spontaneously recognize (see above) that this is not a scenario where AF is at all needed. Second, I showed, by not pre-AF-ing or MF-ing as I usually would, that the 20 is capable of handling this scenario even if you try last-second AF, as I did in this case.

You can state what you feel. I can state what I feel. You can refer to your tests, I will refer to my experience.

Sure. You can state what you feel. Just don't confuse your subjective impressions with objective matters of fact.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow