I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Mark Chan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,700
Like?
Re: I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!
In reply to s_grins, 3 months ago

Absolutely agreed; and if you allow me I am sure I have a photo of one of my Pomeranians - smaller and more active - taken with my manual voigtlander 40mm f2. You know, stepped onto a bench sort of photo?

Whether or not you can a picture of a 'hard to get' subject is one thing.

Being confident with a lens to take pics of that subject is quite another.

I have had the 20mm since using the EP-1. And I have experienced it moving from that all the way to EM-1.

You obviously can get pics of dogs; as I can too with te 20mm or manual. The point is especially Anders here continuously states it's 'comparable'.

A whole load of ballyhoo, especially to new buyers that are reliant on the AF for what they expect are daily pics f everything; from static objects to kids running around to their dogs close up or far out running towards them.

The 20mm focuses almost as quickly as it did on the EP-3 as it did in the EP-5 and the EM-1. Meaning not much change.

The feeling is like taking the sony NEX cameras and comparing their AF speed to the OLY / PAna cameras with lens such as the 45mm f1.8/ 12-40mm.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow