Why does Canon delay their superzooms so much?!!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Byrna
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Why does Canon delay their superzooms so much?!!
5 months ago

I think there are probably a lot of people besides me who are just disgusted with how Canon takes its time in even announcing a new super-zoom!  Travel season for the summer is almost here and there isn't even an announcement by Canon of the SX60HS! I am still hanging by a thread in hoping that, if it is available in the shops before my trip in early July, that I might be able to buy it and use it in place of my current Sony Cybershot HX100V.

I mean the sensor quality superiority AND the fully articulated LCD panel of the Canon are the main reasons for my impatience. Which reminds me of Sony's almost arrogant negligence of even bothering to lift a finger to build a fully articulated LCD panel! I mean, it's now up to HX400 for Pete's sake and still, Sony just doesn't give a damn!  But I know that the new Canon, as always, will definitely have better high ISO and overall sharpness than any Sony Cybershot out there now, so I'm patiently waiting.

Sorry for ranting but I am actually very happy with the videos that my Sony produces. But the low light and high ISO, heck even the regular 100-400 ISO clarity is mud, compared with even a Canon from 2011, the SX40HS, which came out the same year as my Sony model, but a few months later.  Doesn't Canon realize that many people would love a new model BEFORE, not after, their summer trips, especially since this will be the first SX super-zoom to FINALLY have 60 fps video?!

I guess I'll have to live with the fact that I won't have the Canon before my trip to France and will have to acquire it sometime after I return. *sigh*

John

Byrna's gear list:Byrna's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow