Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,656Gear list
Like?
ALL things must come to an end...
2 months ago

Of course everybody knows this, but when it comes to geology, I think its often safe to assume that some things, are going to be around this world a LOT longer than we are, right ?

Case in point; Way back like 15 years ago, when I was first getting into digital photography, I stumbled across one particular rock formation, off the coast of Bodega Bay, CA, and it just really worked for me.

I called it my favorite rock, and would shoot it 20 or 30 X's, on many photo trips.... have probably shot it 500 X's.... but all with my old substandard gear.

So now, with a way better camera (7D) and maybe a little HDR I was ready to take some of my best ever.....

But as I approached, it just didn't look right..... and then I realized it, the big, tall spike, that made this formation so cool, was all but gone

So I have to wonder... How many years had that formation withstood the pounding surf ? 1000 years ? 10,000 ? .....but then it decides to fall apart months before I get my new camera

Peace,

Fish

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow