ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dark13star
Contributing MemberPosts: 972Gear list
Like?
A question for happy XT1 owners
3 months ago

Hello,

I started this thread  on embedded sensor dust under the glass on the XT1 and several others chimed in with the same problem. There was also another thread from a couple of months ago with more dust problems.

Today I got a call from a friend who got the camera and he has the same issue. He said he wouldn't have known to check if I hadn't told him. His camera is in a similar serial number range as mine.

So here is my question to those of you who are shooting with and enjoying your XT1 cameras. Have any of you checked your sensors and confirmed that they are clean? People with problems are always more vocal, so I'm asking those who haven't chimed in. I'm wondering if the problem is more widespread, but that most people don't notice it. Some people have had multiple bad bodies.

While I tested at f/16, I first noticed the dust in sky areas of a shot at f/8, so this is not one of those issues that doesn't affect the real world use. I actually had the same issue with my XE2. I sent the fist one back because the dust was visible at f/8. Even the one I kept, has dust, but it is only visible at f/16, which I don't shoot.

I'm just trying to figure out how wide-spread the problem is. There are happy owners out there and I don't know if they have confirmed that they have clean sensors or if they just haven't noticed the problem. I'm waiting for B&H to get more bodies in and I still have my other Fuji bodies to shoot with.  I've considered canceling the order, but I think the XT1 is the camera that will enable me to sell of my Nikon FF gear.

Thanks in advance
Rich

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +10 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow