New RX100 to have 24-70mm f1.8-2.8 lens!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
doctorxring
Senior MemberPosts: 1,117Gear list
Like?
Re: Too expensive?
In reply to Dandrewk, 4 months ago

I totally agree there's value there, and I applaud Sony for pushing the envelope on small, compact cameras.

But no matter what, it's still a small, compact camera. There is only so far you can push the price/point of that genre. Already, it's priced out of the range of the casual user. When you can buy decent dSLR's and mirror less cameras with changeable lenses for the same price, even the more serious (and affluent) photographers will question it.

It's similar to real estate. If you have a $1 million mansion in a poor neighborhood, you won't be selling it for $1 million.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I wish Sony luck, because good sales continues to motivate pushing the envelope further out. And that improves all of their cameras.

Yes, you are right.  Kind of.   It is indeed about "real estate" as in Location, Location, Location.

And the RX100 series will fit in my Pocket, Pocket, Pocket.

The A6000 won't.

The RX100 is a "compact camera".  But it has a 1 inch sensor with a really good lens and can pull off a really good 20MP shot.  So in that respect it is more comparable to an A6000 and it's price level.

doctorxring's gear list:doctorxring's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A65 Sony a77 II +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow