Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alton (TN)
Contributing MemberPosts: 985
Like?
Sadly, I think I'm reluctantly going along with the plan
3 months ago

Originally, I had the 7D along with the 5DII. Then I upgraded the 5DII to the 5DIII.

And then I waited for the upgrade for the 7D to be released. And I waited...

I had always used the 7D for birding and the 5DII for just about everything else. I felt that the 7D was the better camera of the two. However, when the 5DIII arrived with the beautiful AF it has, along with the low noise at high ISO, and a few other enhancements, I found that I was using the 5DIII more and more for bird pictures, especially fast birds like hummingbirds.

I longed to have a 7D that was like the 5DIII, if nothing else, for the AF alone. I liked the crop factor of the 7D, and still do, and it takes great pictures, but the 5DIII gives me more keepers. I found that I was full of envy for a camera that I already owned which was a little weird.

I know Canon has a plan for the 7D and hopefully someday will release the 7Ds replacement. In the meantime, I feel like I have fell into their current plan nicely by owning the current 7D and the 5DIII.

-- hide signature --

Alton

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow