Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Gore
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,511
Like?
My DF Arrived Today
2 months ago

I vacillated for a couple weeks about getting this camera an finally in a weaker moment ordered it from Amazon last night.I got it with the 50 1.8 and the 24-85 plus the 60 mm macro.

it wasn't like I needed another camera as I have 8 including the rx1.rx10,EP 5 and several expensive 4/3 rds lenses.

i owned a D3S a few years ago and it's high ISO amazed me but it simply was too big a camera for my arthritic hands....so,when the df was announced with the D4 sensor in a much smaller body  I could not resist.My funds were limited but I was able to get a couple inexpensive but excellent lenses.

My first thoughts when I opened the box were not positive...I thought the dials felt plasticky and cheap.I also found the buttons rather stiff...I really was about ready to just repackage it and send it back to Amazon.

I went through the menu's and set the controls to my liking..I slapped on the 24-85 and took a couple pics in manual at f6 and 1/40 sec...I was in a dark room so the ISO  was 12800...I was amazed at the output..I then reduced the shutter speed to 1/15th and with the VR on it produced very sharp pictures.

Then I went outside around 6pm est and set the camera to 125sec and f8..,,I could not believe the output..incredible sharpness ,contrast and colors...I could not believe I was getting pics like I got with the inexpensive 24-85 lens.

anyway,Im ecstatic tonight as I review these pics and it seems Iwll be selling several cameras and lenses...probably even the RX1

Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon Df Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow