Thinking about jumping ship due to poor AF. Any help?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,012Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking about jumping ship due to poor AF. Any help?
In reply to GabrielFFontes, 6 months ago

Greetings Gabriel,

Do you think you have a faulty camera? I've read a bunch of the responses, and if you are spending hours calibrating, and it's just wonky, then maybe a faulty focus mechanism?  I'd say that if you have the money, and can move, why not consider it? I'm currently probably moving from an Olympus E-3 to a K5iis because I've decided I still want a DSLR system. I'm borrowing an E-M1 for a month from a friend, and have access to many micro4/3rds bodies and DSLRs. Mirrorless is the perfect companion imo, and pretty close to replacing DSLRs for almost everything. I must say the E-M1 is really brilliant. There is no worry of front or back focus with these. But for large lenses you can't beat the tactile experience, ballance, with large glass, and battery life of a DSLR.  Only the GH4 would probably feel the part of the DSLR.

Anyhow, good luck with your search. The K3 would probably solve the problems. So would a E-M10, E-M5 or E-M1 if single AF accuracy is key for you. One plus for going with an Olympus if you think mirrorless would work is that classic 4/3rds glass is really really good and cheap as dirt right now. Only the E-M1 really supports it though.

Cheers, Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow