* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
Zindanfel
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,538
Like?
Re: Bride
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 7 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Forgive me for showing two shots, but selecting one of both would not allow you to give me the feedback I am looking for. And contrary to the usual situation for this C&C thread, I must also ask to not download, reprocess or show elsewhere the images included here, because they are work in progress on a paid job, not for distribution outside my control.

Here is a two-image sneak preview of a shoot I did last Sunday of Moroccan-style bridal fashion.

Marriages are very elaborate and lavish in the Moroccan immigrant community: the dresses seem straight from "1001 Nights" and are most often rented from wedding planners who also arrange for hair, make-up, venue decoration etc.

The shoot was a job for one such wedding planner, intended to show off her dresses in the elegant setting of a classic Antwerp building.

Being primarily a documentary shooter who uses available light only, I was way out of my comfort zone on this job, directing models through poses in a semi-studio environment with strobes.

And I just want all the constructive feedback I can get.

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Random impressions, #1:

- The various geometrical patterns in the scene (parquet, carpet runner, woodwork, wall, etc.) comprise a good foil for the intricate elegance of the gown. Same for (earth-tone) color contrast with blue/white gown.  Stars+sky vs earth.

- Too many slender, ordinary-looking furniture legs visible under the background table.  Counters the elegance theme.

- Glass panel (center, top) catches the eye, but is irrelevant to the picture.

- Maybe the camera lens is slightly too high? Viewer's direct gaze is not quite on level with the model. If the lens were lower and the horizontal of the background woodwork were even with her eyes, would the model seem to have more stature, more elegance?

Impression, #2: Perfect for the purpose.

-- hide signature --

Zin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow