Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sergey Borachev
Senior MemberPosts: 2,658Gear list
Like?
Another review of the 15mm f/1.7
8 months ago

Blunty, in his Youtube review, said twice that this lens is not as sharp as the Olympus 12mm. Oh No! The sinking feeling again.

The 12mm is sharp but not really so stellar, being at best the equal or worse when compared with the f/2.8 zooms as shown by some reliable testers. This is the second less than stellar review, after the earlier PC Mag review, which compared it to an Olympus lens with ordinary IQ. I know many of you will come and point out that this is not the most scientific test etc. There will of course be more detailed and scientific tests later, but for now, the indicators available are not promising for my search for a really good lens with the classic 35mm. Wish this Leica could be more like a Leica, even if it means $900. {Sigh} Don't these people understand the importance of this FL?

The only good news from Blunty, for me, is that the aperture ring works with A-mode on the OMD.  However, it may well become the 9th fairly good AF lens with a FL around 35mm equiv.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow