New RX100 to have 24-70mm f1.8-2.8 lens!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dandrewk
Contributing MemberPosts: 708Gear list
Like?
Re: Too expensive?
In reply to jintoku, 6 months ago

jintoku wrote:

Dandrewk wrote:

In any case, that's REAL high for a compact camera, even at the highest end. Since I use my m2 mostly as a stealth street camera, I don't really need the wider angle, and I always shoot at the widest FL anyway, so maximum aperture will be the same. EVF is a non-issue.

Even though I am moronically inclined to have the latest/best, I think I will be passing.

The statements that you're always using the m2 at the widest angle but never need a wider angle seem to have some tension between them...or you should change your user name to 28mm man

I get it, but just to be clear(er):  The (rumored!) difference in the lens is that it will have a wider zoom setting and faster at the telephoto extreme.  For my major m2 usage (stealthy street photography) I alway shoot at the shortest focal length.  For the m2, 28mm is perfect.  24mm is a bit too wide.

Since I always shoot at the shortest FL, my maximum aperture for the m2 or m3 remains the same (assuming the m3 @28mm remains F1.8).

But not everyone is like me.    My main point is $800 is a huge amount for a compact camera.  That's the same msrp for the A6000 w/kit lens.  Different camera, I know, but the comparison will exist.

Dandrewk's gear list:Dandrewk's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow