Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vince in NH
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Stuck fixing a Minolta 58mm f1.2 with a stuck aperture
5 months ago

I just purchased a Minolta 58mm f1.2 in exc condition with the exception of a stuck aperture (stuck wide open). Initially, I was planning to just use a variable ND filter on it to act as a the aperture but decided to open it up. I searched the web and found www.pbase.com/pganzel/58mm_rokkor_disassembly . Looks intimidating but decided to try anyway. I was able to get the front cell remove but the not sure if it is completely the same as Peter Ganzel's picture. It shows that I can get to the Iris cartridge once the front optic cell is removed. However, I can see that there is still a glass element in front of the iris after removing the front cell. I try to continue by removing the 4 screws following picture #65 (Intermediate Ring), then try to remove the Iris cartridge but it won't come out. I assume that it should come out from the front? One other thing I noticed is in his picture, the rear cell is no longer attached to the iris. Mine is still there. He did not show the disassembly of this. How do you remove the rear cell? Do you need to remove the rear cell before the iris assembly can be remove?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards

Vince

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow