K-5 Blurry Night Shots WITH Tripod

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
davids8560
Contributing MemberPosts: 534Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5 Blurry Night Shots WITH Tripod
In reply to Capture Lights, 4 months ago

Capture Lights wrote:

Wow, that's strange, looking at your first picture, it seems as if the subject was not in focus, nor anything else in fact. Where did you focused on?

Another question is, do you have cheap filter on your lens? because the lights were directly shining on the lens, it could cause lost of contrast and that might contribute to the result of your shot?

Just checked out your night and travel shots in Washington, DC. I really like the one of the Capitol with the Christmas tree! Give me some time I guess and I will be able to coax better night results with my Pentax gear.

I am now thinking even though I half pressed the shutter the K-5 did not focus lock? It was very noisy, and really very windy, too. So maybe a smaller aperture and higher ISO.

Interestingly, I did glance at these shots on the camera's LCD after taking them, and judged them to be okay. I did not spot that they actually were quite flawed until I got home and viewed them on my PC!

davids8560's gear list:davids8560's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow