I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
s_grins
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,069Gear list
Like?
Re: I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!
In reply to Mark Chan, 8 months ago

Mark Chan wrote:

You know, I made the view that the PANA 20mm f1.7 was slow to AF and should be avoided by those that need to take pics of kids and fast moving items / people. This was quite a few threads back.

There are a few that adamantly state my (and many other's experience) is flawed and that the PAN 20mm - both versions are perfectly capable of 'catching' that moment.

Its plain not.

Choose 17mm or 25mm OLY for that.

Choose 20mm f1.7 if you don't NEED fast AF under any circumstances or are perfectly happy to live within its limitations.

It is unfortunate you got misinformed. And yes there are many that are misinforming leading to poor purchase decision.

I do not have photos of kids (I do not have grandchildren, yet), but I have one old photo of the dog. As you know, dogs even more difficult in compare with children.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

s_grins's gear list:s_grins's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow