* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,276
Like?
Re: Gelato on a rainy day
In reply to MikePDX, 5 months ago

MikePDX wrote:

I'm visiting Lucca Italy this week and next and learning my how new E-M1 and 12-40 lens handles on a rainy day. Wouldn't you know, I leave the Pacific NorthWET United States for a vacation, only to arrive to rainy conditions in Italy. The gelato tasted just as good, anyway.

(Processed on a laptop with a questionable screen.)

Gelato on a rainy day

Have fun in Italy.

I love that country and Lucca is a fun city.

I think I must have shots somewhere of my children enjoying icecream on the steps of some church there.  In sun however.

You mention your laptop screen.  I would adjust my brightness if I were you, because if this image shows up bright enough there, my personal opinion is that it could use another half a stop of extra exposure).

You may want to check and compare at home against your own better screen.  That is how I adjusted my laptop screen : by comparing the same image on both screens and adjusting until it seemed right.

Anyway, that does not hinder me from enjoying your image, mostly for the "we couldn't care less about the weather" happy go lucky attitude and also for the consistency of the colour scheme between kids and buildings.  No rain can make that less vivid.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow