Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,631Gear list
Like?
Re: Hi Justin
In reply to Marti58, 5 months ago

Marti58 wrote:

well i have the older version which was acualy made for video VCL HG1758 when i bought it was about 400 dollar in my part of the world , full metal housing and way more heavy then the DH version and imho opticly much better, i still have it somewhere,

Yep - I had that one too - before the DH1758...I had been using the HG1758 with my F717 camera, and when I went to the H1, I decided the smaller and lighter DH1758 would be easier to lug around - so I sold the HG1758 and got the DH instead.  I didn't feel there was any real loss of IQ between them - at least for the superzooms of the time - but I don't know if the DH would have performed as well on the F717 - the HG was beautifully matched to that camera.

I had the DH0758 as well - unfortunately due to the protruding rear housing, it won't mate to any e-mount lenses - so I actually traded it in to Amazon - it was part of what paid for my A6000!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow