* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
Scott Whittemore
Senior MemberPosts: 2,859
Like?
Re: I should've been clearer : she's not a real bride.
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 3 months ago

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Scott Whittemore wrote:

I'll start by saying that I've photographed two weddings in my life and I completely botched both of them so I'll understand if you dismiss my comments.

Why would I.

Because of my lack of expertise?

I've only shot one wedding found it to be a real challenge. The clients were happy, but the candid documentary style (although my own) was not easy to pull off. I can totally understand why most wedding photographers want to control the light and settings.

But what I wanted to say that I should probably have made more clear that this is not a real bride nor a shot from a real wedding. Basically this is advertising material for the wedding planner who also provides dresses, decoration etc. So there was NOT the time pressure and emotional expectations associated with a real wedding (but instead there was the time pressure of a commercial shoot that was planned a bit too tightly...)

That is in important distinction but, for what it's worth, I did understand that this is a model and not a real bride.

I find the first one very nicely composed and lit, with the subject very well defined against the background and I really love that cobalt blue against the warm, dark wood tones.

The second is a nice pose and the lighting is absolutely beautiful.

I got lucky with that. I also have quite a few samples where the side light is less flattering (on other subjects - this girl posed very well).

Both excellent, IMO, as I'very come to expect from you..

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow