* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,776
Like?
I should've been clearer : she's not a real bride.
In reply to Scott Whittemore, 8 months ago

Scott Whittemore wrote:

I'll start by saying that I've photographed two weddings in my life and I completely botched both of them so I'll understand if you dismiss my comments.

Why would I.

I've only shot one wedding found it to be a real challenge.  The clients were happy, but the candid documentary style (although my own) was not easy to pull off.  I can totally understand why most wedding photographers want to control the light and settings.

But what I wanted to say that I should probably have made more clear that this is not a real bride nor a shot from a real wedding.  Basically this is advertising material for the wedding planner who also provides dresses, decoration etc.  So there was NOT the time pressure and emotional expectations associated with a real wedding (but instead there was the time pressure of a commercial shoot that was planned a bit too tightly...)

I find the first one very nicely composed and lit, with the subject very well defined against the background and I really love that cobalt blue against the warm, dark wood tones.

The second is a nice pose and the lighting is absolutely beautiful.

I got lucky with that.  I also have quite a few samples where the side light is less flattering (on other subjects - this girl posed very well).

Both excellent, IMO, as I'very come to expect from you..

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow