* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 21,980
Like?
Stephen
In reply to stephent, 3 months ago

stephent wrote:

Hi mate you might believe that you are out of your comfort zone but these two don't show it.

Thank you for the boost of my confidence

The main thing I found shooting weddings with multiple light sources was not to blow out parts of the dress or have the light spill into areas of the background. Theses two show neither of those problems.

Those were indeed issues that affect some but luckily not a majority of my shots.

For each of the models (six total) I have enough good shots (I hope) of different poses.

The stress factor was increased by changes of the timeframe. The shoot was scheduled from 8.00 until 16.00 and we had to leave the building at that hour. I was there in time, but found out that make-up, hairdressing etc still had to commence. This took forever.  My lights were prepared in 15 minutes and then I spent a few hours just keeping myself occupied with "behind the scenes" docu shots.

Anyway, this circumstance greatly decreased the available time for actual shooting, and it resulted in not having enough time for careful adjustment of lighting between shots and poses. No detailed work with slight lighting modifications possible.  Sometimes I posed three girls in sequence in the same spot and just adjusted the height of my big softbox...

Ah well, I did the best I could.

The hair and make up are first class and the "bride" looks comfortable with your style.

She was definitely the one with the most natural and elegant behaviour.

The planner will be please with these.

I hope so too.

Thanks.

Regards.

Stephen.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow