Big and little critters, and other stuff with the 100-300 mm

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,558Gear list
Like?
Re: Same swan at LaSalle Park
In reply to 19andrew47, 8 months ago

19andrew47 wrote:

Two nice sets. I particularly liked the fox and woodpecker. I have a group shot that includes (barely) that same swan, tag number A03, taken at LaSalle park on the ice. The locals there feed them and they over winter there before moving on. The full size image is below and a crop from it. The images aren't very good so I didn't do anything with them but when I saw the tag on yours I thought I would check them to see if was one of the ones there.

Andrew

4/3 70 - 300 mm

Thanks Andrew,

I have never seen so many Trumpeters in one spot!  There must be a big gang of folks tagging them there.   I have yet to send in my tag report.  The folks send me a nice little computer generated certificate giving me the background of the bird.

A03 was the only trumpeter that was northbound here this year.  People around here know that I am interested and always phone me whenever a trumpeter is seen.   I have never seen the same tag # in different years.

Interesting to see Mallards, Canadas and Trumpeters in such  close proximity.

Thanks,

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow