ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djdante
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
6d vs d610 vs a7 vs?
3 months ago

Hey everyone,

I have been reading DPreview for years and this is my first post, mostly because my questions were already perfectly answered.

I now have a conundrum in finding a solution.

I currently have a canon 60d which I use for amateur photography. I use it for filming short clips to go on company website and other promotions, but its inability to film longer length clips means I have to use a handycam to film 2 hour training events that I run.

The poor performance of the handycam is no longer acceptable in the indoors low light conditions, especially as I plan to package and sell many of these events as digital video.

So that takes me to a camera upgrade. I can't find a full frame digital camera that can easily be hacked to film over 30minutes, so that leaves me with the option of using an external encoder via hdmi.

The Canon 6d doesn't do uncompressed hdmi even with magic lantern so far as I can see.

The Nikon d610 does uncompressed hdmi, but the low light performance (important to me) isn't as good. Also, I'd have to buy all new lenses.

The sony A7 is another option recommended to me. But with a small number of lens options, and light loss when using a canon adapter, I'm not sure it's the perfect choice.

Am I missing any options? Is there any way to get the uncompressed hdmi with the 6d? Or a way to unlock the 29:59 time limit on any of these?

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D610 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow