* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,776
Like?
Re: St Leo's Hall Belmont Abbey College Belmont NC-
In reply to savonie, 8 months ago

savonie wrote:

Just back from our yearly trek to Gastonia NC - Grabbed this from the car while waiting for the light to change - This is in Belmont NC a very pretty town-

Monty

Belmont Abbey College Belmont NC

I also grab images from the car while waiting (or even when someone else is driving), but it is clear that one must be a bit lucky to get a really good shot with an attractive and clean composition in such circumstances.

Photographers are supposed to move around to look for angles and avoid distracting elements.  In this case, the green shrubs in the foreground obstruct most of the cars directly in front of the main wing, but I think we can agree that if you had had the time to park, get out, select a focal length, move around and pick your vantage point and angle, you would probably have been able to find a view that does this building more justice.

Working with the material available here, I would go for a vertical view, cropping off the parking lot and cars behind the wing (crop just to the right of that shrub I mentioned).

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow