* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #313 14 04 30 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,260
Like?
Re: Sinister Smile?
In reply to 19andrew47, 4 months ago

Your title made me go look for that smile, because at first glance I had not noticed it.

The use of your title would probably be more effective in a two shot sequence that shows the whole wheel and then zooms in on the face, closer, but showing it still in the context of the wheel spokes.  However, I don't think it really looks very sinister.  The Dark Knight's cut-up Joker face, now that would be sinister...

It is your colour processing to gives us the uneasy creepy feeling, with pink (most often a soft and girlishly sweet colour) very much out of context against an almost infrared sky.

I am having mixed feelings here : on the one hand I understand the direction you are going, on the other hand I feel like the subject is presented so cleanly and elegantly, that the sinister atmosphere does not really come through.

Perhaps it needs to go more over the top to really unsettle the viewer: some of the gondola's missing or broken (like bad teeth in a clown's mouth).

Or simpler and something even I would be able to do : a severe tilt to throw the viewer off-balance (you know me : I"ll tilt an image whenever I see a slight chance that it would add dynamism...)

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my Olympus user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow