Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
MiraShootsNikon
Contributing MemberPosts: 662Gear list
Like?
The Successful Switch
In reply to benjaminblack, 8 months ago

benjaminblack wrote:

This is such an odd post.

You can go into your menu and adjust the white balance, that's one way. I do Amber +1 personally.

After the fact, skin tones can be easily adjusted in LR, buy some color profiles or presets if you don't want to do it manually. They can also be easily adjusted in Photoshop if you don't use lightroom.

The D3s is known for shooting wonderful skin tones... But even if that's not the case with Asian skin as you say, quick adjustments on camera, or in post-production will solve your problems.

Switching to the 5D3, and to Canon, would be a ludicrous option to improve skin tones, insanely expensive - which makes me wonder are you trolling??? Ha!

This is such an odd reply.

If I knew that I would save lots of post processing time and/or frustration and/or expense by simply switching to a system that gave me a more useful starting place for post work or finishing, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Oh, wait: I did.

"Insanely Expensive?" Not if you actually sell your Nikon gear (gasp) to buy the Canon gear. I actually made some money in the transition.

Here's some advice the OP can actually use: rather than suffering a bunch of random people using your question as an occasion to call you ignorant and masturbate with their "extensive" photographic knowledge, why not just go to Lensrentals.com  or Lumoid.com , rent a 5DIII and a lens for a few days, and see for yourself. It'll cost you less than $75, and afterward you'll know exactly what works for you.

MiraShootsNikon's gear list:MiraShootsNikon's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow