Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 1,979Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony a6000 Build Quality
In reply to captura, 8 months ago

captura wrote:

jtyoung wrote:

That's odd actually. I'm holding my NEX-7 and my A6000 side by side and I'm surprised at how difficult it is to tell the difference in build between the two. The USB door on the A6000 feels more solid and securely in place compared to the 7. Aside from the tri-navi controls, they feel pretty much identical in hand.

Others besides myself have also commented about the N7's cool, metallic construction vs the A6000's cheaper-feeling plastic. Take your cameras out on a cold day for an hour then put them to your face. One will feel cold and the other not.

You realize you're telling someone that owns a NEX-7 and an A6000 what they should think about the respective build quality of each?

The other thing for me personally is my major preference for the much smaller shape and handling of my NEX-5R. It's so easy...to shoot on-handed, even. It has a touch-screen. And I can removre the EVF to make the camera so small it will fit in my pocket. (with a small lens attached.) That is MY personal preference to which I am entitled.

You're totally entitled to your preferences. Just don't tell me what my camera feels like.

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apple iPad Air
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow