ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Somu777
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Purchasing a Auctus series tripods ?
4 months ago

Hi All,

Currently i have a Benro A2970 F,but i am returing it due to package damage during transit .There is no other tripod for replacement .(But ofocourse i can get another piece from diffrent vendor its a good tripod)

Ita max load is : 22 lb (10 kg) it weights 4.49 lb (2.04 kg) and another feature is its center column has rotation of 0-180° Vertical/360° Horizontal

But since i am returing it and once again had a redo search of the market and found that Auctus series are also within my price range (not to be confused with Auctus plus which is geared center column both Auctus i am discussing here are rapid center column )

The once i am look are ACUTUS 323CT(Max load:39.7lbs--18kgs,weight::8.05lbs(3.64kgs)) and Auctus 238CT(Max load:30 lbs--14kgs,weight::6.5lbs(3.06kgs)) BUT the Center column doesn't rotate at all but again they come with Carbon fibre at a similar cost of benro

but this are really stable tripods coming at a very affordable costs so now Benro is at one end of spectrum with just 4.49 lbs and a rotatable center column and 323CT is other end at 8.6lbs. while 238CT stands in the middle at 6.5lbs

So,i am confused now Auctus really looks good for stability and other features like snow shoes,embbed steel grips(antirust),CF etc..But benro looks cool at 4.5lbs and that rotating center column but Aluminum .

So, Which one should i opt.?

As for my gear is concerned right now not much Just a 70d, 18-55 stm, 55-250 mm stm ,Cokin filter system and a ball head --SIRUI K20X(55lbs load capacity).

But before that end of this year i am planning to atleast Added the following:

1.Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Lens

or

1.Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM

and

2.Canon 40mm pancake

3.Yongnuo Professional Flash Speedlight Flashlight Yongnuo YN 560 III

This are the minimum purchase i have planned in the next 6-8 months .

Please help me with the tripod choice

-- hide signature --

Somu

Somu777's gear list:Somu777's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow