Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
walgarch
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
Like?
Re: Reason to buy Pentax K-3 ?
In reply to ozdean, 5 months ago

ozdean wrote:

It's a photographers Camera.

I always found this to be a strange saying, but it's absolutely true. A Pentax camera doesn't fight you when you want to photograph, it's there to help you without getting in the way.

For instance, I love taking night time HDRs. I regularly set my camera to 2 second timed exposure bracketing to shoot off 5 or so shots. Whenever I set it to that mode it automatically engages mirror lockup and turns off shake reduction, because it's correctly assuming I'm on a tripod. That kind of behaviour is just BRILLIANT. It shows a great deal of wisdom when it comes to photography. There's no need to root around in the menus to toggle those options.

Another example, Hyper Program mode is feature that shows Pentax's wisdom in photography. It allows a photographer to flick between Shutter priority and Aperture priority by turning the front or rear control dials. Another smart option that is useful and that stuns other photographers as to why it's not included in their cameras.

The way I see it is that cameras right now can capture some amazing images, so it really comes down to an individual camera features, usability/handling and the philosophy of the company that creates it. And in every respect, Pentax comes out ahead of any competing APS-C DSLRs and many full frame cameras.

-- hide signature --

Will
=============================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walgarch

walgarch's gear list:walgarch's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow