ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danieljcox
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
GH4-Huge Improvement over GH3 in Fast, Predictive AF
6 months ago

Hello Everybody,

This past Friday I was fortunate to finally get my hands on the new GH4 camera I saw when I was in Tokyo this past February. As I mentioned on my Blog, I had a chance to see the pre production models of the GH4 and I was chomping at the bit to finally get one to test. Thankfully that happened this past week and over the weekend I performed what I like to call the "Speeding Pooch Test".

YOU CAN SEE THE RESULTS HERE

It's nothing more than a fast dog coming strait at the camera as fast as he can go. I've tested all my cameras this way for Predictive AF capabilities since AF was first introduced in the 90's. Since I've been blogging and being more "Social" you might say, I'm now seeing others doing the same tests. That's great since a fast dog really does help us all know if a camera truly does have the ability to keep up with intense moving action.

S for those interested, the GH4 is a whole new animal compared to the GH3 when it comes to shooting action. I've written a review of my findings on my Blog . Stop by if you have any interest. The results are quite surprising.

Daniel J. Cox
www.naturalexposures.com

danieljcox's gear list:danieljcox's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +19 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow