ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 146Gear list
Like?
Would you sell D700 for D610?
4 months ago

Hello;

I may be coming to a fork in the road? do i sell my beloved D700 and purchase a D610, or I have thought of unloading all my Nikon equipment and getting a Canon 5Dmk3, and two lenses??

I know most would wonder just what have I been smoking? well nothing, I have no axe to grind with Nikon, but after 25 years, I feel Nikon just not the "challenge" I want. No I don't care for the D800, I held one not impressed compared to the handling of my D700!

I really have to admit I just don't know what and where I'd like to go?? I have loved Nikon for so long, but? I'm impressed with what I read about the 5Dmk3, no! I've not held one.

The D610, I've been cautiously looking at it, the D600 almost run me completely away from Nikon altogether, but I'm doing some studying of my options, I'm 68, not the "fire breather" I once was, by that I mean out at the "crack of dawn" down and dirty, like I did back in my film days, me and my old F3hp, we did some crazy things to get a shot! and got into some crazy locations and positions, but now I'm just as happy shooting at noon as i was at 6am, and staying on the pavement and not venturing out into the "boonies"

I'm trying to evaluate just what I want to do in my final days with a camera, and I've been intrigued by some of Canon's FF cameras. So! do I need a straight jacket? or am I looking at these changes as a new challenge?? I'm impressed with the 5Dmk3, 17 40, 24 105 and a prime, with the D610 I'd stay with the Nikon lenses I already own.

If you think I need my medication changed tell me-- ha! but I feel I am at a fork in the road, I'm very happy with my current equipment, but! like most on DP we're never satisfied are we?

Your thoughts are appreciated good and bad, I'm just kind of wavering back and forth, just sort of losing my direction, what do you think??

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Canon EOS 100D +9 more
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow