I feel misled: Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SO SLOW!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,191Gear list
Like?
Re: Well duuh, Panasonic 20mm f1.7 II AF is SLOW
In reply to FrankS009, 4 months ago

FrankS009 wrote:

I have never been able to understand the complaints on this forum and in this thread about slow AF with the 20mm. I have had mine for several years, and it has always been fine.

F.

-- hide signature --

"We shoot the things that move us in ways that will move others." David duChemin

That is probably because you know how to use the 20/1.7 pancake.  Apparently others also know how to use it.  Some of them have contributed to this thread.

OTOH, some folks blame their equipment, or worse, other contributors, for their inability to maximize the strengths and minimize the weaknesses of a particular piece of gear.

I use that lens a lot at indoor social functions, with no problems, but I don't go from very close subjects to distant ones in one jump, or vice versa.  Nice lens, (in spite of its noisiness).

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow