Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
LD_50
Regular MemberPosts: 217Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Sony RX1 vas DF question
In reply to David Gore, 8 months ago

David Gore wrote:

How would the high ISO compare between the 2 cameras??Any input appreciated

You already posted a thread comparing these two cameras a few days ago where you stated you were choosing an Olympus OMD EM1. Why start another thread about the same topic?

I mentioned in the previous thread that Df will provide better high ISO performance.

RX1 downsampled to equal print or viewing size will not look much worse most of the time, but I wouldn't consider it to be at the level of the Df. I feel like the sensor in the D4/Df/D4s holds up better in terms of color at higher ISO. Also in low light, I would expect the AF on the Df to perform better (though I've no experience shooting with the Df in these conditions and solely base this on experience with the Sony, which is not good in low light AF speed). The OVF of the Nikon is much better in my opinion than the grainy EVF of the Sony in low light.

LD_50's gear list:LD_50's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow