Sony a6000 Build Quality

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,691
Like?
Re: Sony a6000 Build Quality
In reply to woodsjo3, 6 months ago

The transition from the Nex 6 to the A6000 is not necessarily an upgrade as the A6000 is a far cheaper camera than the Nex 6 at start pricing. The A6000 probably has a lot of firmware bugs sorted out and operational improvements but it is a lower cost model so do not be fooled by the 6 designation in terms of construction quality. Sony did this in A mount naming the entry level as the A58 which was really the A37 in many respects.

woodsjo3 wrote:

I'm no where close to claiming I'm a photographer. But I'm addicted to photography. I've tansitioned from my first camera the nex-3 to a nex-5 to a nex-5r to a nex 6 and finally to an a6000. Every time I've upgraded I've been happy with the build quality. But the a6000 feels like a toy in comparison to the nex 6. It feels almost bloated... just my thoughts, definitely not a deal breaker. I'm sure a real photographer would prefer a lighter body that the the plastic offers. I just thought it would feel morr durable.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow