Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Schwany
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,252Gear list
Like?
1DX snaps from the 2014 SeaOtter Classic
3 months ago

1DX and 300f/2.8L IS pre-II at the 2014 SeaOtter Classic Downhill course. First time trying the 1DX and 300f/2.8 for this. I only had a couple of hours to spare so I did not move around too much, and these unfortunately all sort of look the same (people on bicycles jumping). Some do have different facial expressions though.

I'm sure the new II lens would have been better as well as someone else behind the viewfinder of the 1DX, but it is what is is. Typical amateur hour shots. It's shareography

As with any competitive sport there is a chance for injury. This shot was taken just before this young man broke his foot landing off the jump out of shape.

The impact spot where his foot was broken. I got to watch his foot turn purple since the medical team worked on him right in front of me. And no I did not take any pics of his foot, cuz I didn't want to lose my spot next to the course by baking up far enough with a 300mm lens.

Little guy getting some serious air.

Big guy getting some serious air.

The "No you're not getting my face in a picture" snub. This contestant must be important seeing how he/she is carrying the number 2 plate. I don't have a clue who it is though. He/she did this every time they went by during practice.

Schwany's gear list:Schwany's gear list
Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X +14 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow