Raging mad A7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,159Gear list
Like?
Re: Raging mad A7
In reply to windwolf, 6 months ago

windwolf wrote:

Maybe its my fault, maybe not so if i can get the right advice nothing lost.

i don't usually have buyers remorse or get annoyed at sales people but this time I'm really annoyed.

after some deliberation, i decided on what i read and what the sales guy said from a rather large organization to buy the Sony A7.

I had first told him I was about to sell off All my Nikon gear I had a buyer and should I go with the D600 or the Sony A7 his response was wow thats a hard one but I would go with the sony because of all the adapters and legacy lenses, so I sold off all my Nikon stuff and bought it, I paid extra to get it early.

First off it shows up two days late,(will ask for a refund for the delivery) then when I go out to get lenses and adapter, I find out they really don't work that well lots of problems, Im not worried about auto focus I can handle manual we all learned on it ad it can be actually faster if you know what your doing.

I shoot concerts weddings, glamour and special events which I was told the sony could handle. But when I tried to use the lens with a rocker md wouldn't focus right couldn't stop it down correctly, no metering in manual or AP and when I read on I saw others had the same problem and gave it back.

I really want to keep it it seems like a great camera but don't want to spend 1k plus on lenses and really will the La 3 or 4 really help I don't need auto focus so maybe the 3 would be fine but what about for weddings and the bands I shoot.

sorry about this rant but very very frustrated and like I said blame myself too so can ANYONE with a clear head and mind give me some good kind advice, do I send t back and get an older A900 or do I keep it, get a list of GOOD adapters and lenses that will work without breaking the bank too much. or did I just screw myself really good selling everything of by what the salesperson told me and buying into it.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS. There ar lot of good intelligent people on this forum. Please help.

If this is about a budget issue, you should have done a tally before your purchase - you very quickly would be able to assess what you want to spend.

If this is about a handling issue, it doesn't sound like AF is a must-have for you, which gives you the ability to have lots of (fast) legacy lenses with great results.

If this is about native lenses being too expensive - just get a single one. Start with either the FE2870 kit or with the FE35. Both will handle AF for the conditions that you mention (and don't be afraid to bump the ISO).

If this is about the camera being difficult in use - then go back to DSLR and wait for the next generation, or the one thereafter. The A6000 may be another option, if its ISO limits can handle your low-light applications. (It most likely could with a fast prime).

It is also unclear if you were a FF shooter before, or whether you contemplated upgrading to a D600 or an A7. If so, welcome to FF, with its plusses and drawbacks. Be willing to learning a couple of tricks.

If this is just trolling, then, well, have a laugh at us

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow