Started Apr 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ronan Donovan Photo and Film
New MemberPosts: 1
Remotely trigger video on Canon DSLR and use EOS Utility
Apr 29, 2014

I've run into an issue with remotely controlling the video on a Canon DSLR (5D2 and 7D) while maintaining EOS Utility. I need 150+ft range and USB drops off after ~30ft. I've tried USB to ethernet adapters since I was told ethernet doesn't drop off, but that hasn't worked yet - I was later told you would beed a network router for this to work? Does anyone know of a solution for wired control of a Canon DSLR so that the control through EOS utility is still functional.

I have solutions for wirelessly triggering video with a pocketwizard setup, but I lose two very critical things; exposure control control and media download.

The concept is to have a camera rigged in a location where repeated visits isn't an option - so exposure control and media download are key.

I've read that the Canon wireless transmitters will also maintain the functionality of the EOS Utility - does anyone have experience with that?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and advice.

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow