Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,153Gear list
Like?
Siobhan,
In reply to Siobhan A, 8 months ago

You're not doing anything wrong - I generally keep my online and forum posts to small size - 1024x on the longest end.  Had too many problems in the past with photo theft on larger shots, and since I link from my online gallery, I as a rule don't post over 1024x in that gallery.

I mentioned to another request above - when I have a little more time and can get to the originals, which are stored on a desktop computer at home, I can try doing a few '100% crops', showing a pixel-level detail without presenting the entire photo.  Take any of my 100% crops with a grain of salt - many variables to consider - like harsh light and my shooting of JPG only, with no processing...better light will yield better results, and RAW processing with good processing skills could probably pull a bit more out of them than I do.  I generally shoot for the sake of making medium to large prints, or online display and sharing...I'm not as concerned with pixel-level super-sharpness as others since a 2-foot print would still look sharp and lovely with the huge resolution from a 24MP sensor...even if it looks a bit soft when viewing at 100%.  Plus, I generally keep sharpening turned DOWN in camera, to -1, as I prefer to apply any sharpening afterwards depending on my needs for that shot.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow