Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony a6000 Build Quality
In reply to pixelpushing, 8 months ago

pixelpushing wrote:

ryan92084 wrote:

marc petzold wrote:

andye53 wrote:

Oh boy I said the same thing in another thread and my head almost got chewed off LOL.

It definitely has a lower build quality compared to all other NEX, except the 3N. It 's roughly the same build as the 3N, same plain plastic finish.

-- hide signature --

SONY TX2O | RX1OO| NEX-FiveT | @6OOO
CAN0N S1OO

But the A6000 is made out of mag-alloy, not plastic.

It is not, Sony removed that part of the marketing. There may have been some preproduction models that were but it isn't now. The shell is poly/plastic/composite and supported at least in part by a metal infrastructure/frame.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53554186

Just curious where the actual facts are on this, rather than Sony pulling the reference in their video.

The facts? On which part?

Its not difficult to see the unpainted underside of the front/back plates, port/battery cover, and grip. The top plate could be I guess but based on unscientific acousitics/ thermal properties/feel compared to the obviously metal parts (flash/LCD hinge, dials, mount surround, screws, metal substructure) that is pretty unlikely. Some of the buttons are plastic others are metal or at least plated.

As for the metal substructure you can open the battery compartment and see the grip is fully supported and a plate continues across the back.

All that said I have no problem with the build quality at all.

ryan92084's gear list:ryan92084's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow