Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jim Cockfield
Forum ProPosts: 14,982
Like?
Firefox 29 is Ugly
8 months ago

I don't know about you guys. But, I really don't like the major User Interface changes that Mozilla made with Firefox 29.

If you don't have it installed yet, you can use the Firefox Menu for "Help>About" and it will download it for you automatically (as long as you're using the defaults for updates), then after it's finished and you restart Firefox when prompted, you'll have the latest Firefox 29 release.

But, personally, I really don't like the changes (an understatement, as I think the changes really stink and it's down right ugly in comparison to earlier Firefox releases, especially where the tabs are concerned).

For example the tabs are not as visible anymore because of the way they're trying to integrate them into the OS themes. Install the latest Firefox 29 release, and you'll see what I mean.

As for curved versus rectangular tabs, that probably wouldn't be as much of an irritant if the tabs were better defined.

In any event, I can't help to think that the changes really stink. They make a horrible first impression (as least from my perspective).

I'm even considering going to one of the earlier Firefox ESR versions so that I don't have to look at the new layout.

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow