Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,573Gear list
Like?
Re: Hi Justin,
In reply to zackiedawg, 8 months ago

zackiedawg wrote:

toxotis700 wrote:

which lens is best (and why) for this kind of photo (bifs - action etc) between sony sel 18-200mm and sel 55-210mm ?

As Clearzoom mentioned, and what made the decision easier for me, was that the 55-210mm lens had just a touch more reach, was a little smaller and thinner, so easier to carry - but the biggest advantage for me was that the smaller 49mm threading allows the 55-210mm lens to easily attach teleextenders for more reach. The 18-200mm lenses all have a much larger end-glass diameter, and therefore a significantly larger filter thread - there would likely be very severe vignetting all the way up into the upper reaches of the zoom, and soft corners, with one of these converters attached to the 18-200s.

Both are good lenses. The 18-200 obviously has the wider end covered so it can be kept on as an all-purpose lens, while the 55-210mm is more of a telephoto only lens, but can add extenders for more reach...whichever serves your needs better!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

I dug up some information on the Olympus TCON-17 which seems to be the one used by former NEX enthusiasts.

Nex 6 w Sony 55-210mm w Olympus 1.7X - kgravett

http://kgravett.smugmug.com/Other/Nex-6-w-Sony-55-210mm-w/

"Used Sony Nex 6 with the Sony 55-210mm lens with the Olympus TCON-17, 1.7X teleconverter...."

On AMAZON:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-keywords=%20Olympus%20TCON-17%2C%20&index=blended&link_code=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

Steve

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow