Raging mad A7

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
abortabort
Contributing MemberPosts: 872Gear list
Like?
Re: It's your fault I'm afraid....
In reply to windwolf, 3 months ago

I think my main problem is I have relied so much on auto  this and that I have forgotten  the old days of photography.As long as I can change my ISO and shoot  in AP I should be ok I was just concerned about the concerts I shoot and having a high enough shutter speed wow need to start being a photographer again but thats a good thing, there is always positive out of things.

Honestly, if you have an A77, get yourself an LA-EA4 and buy A-Mount lenses for both. The 50mm f1.4 would be a good start and pretty cheap. It will work as it does on the A77, just a bit smaller (and full framw field of view and depth of field, plus low light performance etc). Difference to a D600 is small, really.

Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 can also be had cheap both new and second hand, quite a capable lens for very little money while being pretty small and light. Good event shooter lens.

Get a Minolta 17-35mm f2.8-4, again these will run you about $150 on ebay and are quite decent as an event shooting lens. Not a 'great' landscape lens but fine for events. Bit bigger but still very light and cheap.

As for a tele, don't know, but for small and light Minolta 100-200mm f4.5 is probably a good bet. You could get a 70-210mm f4 but these are consoderably bigger and not much faster. 100-200mm suits the small size of the A7 better.

These will all give you AF plus full program, manual, A, S modes with aperture control and AF that works pretty well in almost all lighting (with a bit of constrast).

Plus these will all work really nicely on your A77 as well.

Sony 35mm f1.8 and 50mm f1.8 will work on the A77 and are super cheap with great optics. Work ok on the A7 with a small amount of cropping (or clear image zoom to about 1.1-1.2x if shooting JPEG). These cheap little lenses will surprise you.

85mm f2.8 is another cracker of a lens and will work fine on either body.

LA-EA4 is the best investment I made for my A7, turns the camera from casual shooter (with amazing IQ) to something a bit more serious for event shooting. Well worth the money.

abortabort's gear list:abortabort's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 +32 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow