Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Advent1sam
Senior MemberPosts: 1,299
Like?
Re: Samdale,
In reply to zackiedawg, 7 months ago

zackiedawg wrote:

Advent1sam wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

Nothing wrong with those! You're getting a quick hang of birding - pelicans and gulls are a great first target because they are fairly large, and fly a little slower, or hover a lot, so it lets you get a feel for tracking and following them. And with the A6000, you definitely have a better chance than with previous NEXes because it really can track much better on that movement.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Cool, they are great, could Sony be persuaded to make a dedicated aps-c e mount 150-400 4-5.6 and 1.4x tele adapter I wonder! The a6k might become a fabulous wildlife cam?

I've been saying since 2 years ago with my NEX-5N that I'd kill for something like a 200-400mm F5.6 or even 6.3. The smaller aperture could allow it to be lighter and more compact - as would not having as much wide end, which could make it a very nice birding lens - and I have no problem with the aperture in my sunny climes, so as long as the optical quality is excellent, I don't need a fast F2.8 lens for wildlife down here.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

I'd take a dedicated aps-c for emount version of this but reduced at either end a little to make it smaller and lighter.

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-tamron-150-600mm-f5-6-3-sp-di-vc-usd-lens-nikon-fit/p1547624?cm_mmc=googlebase-extension-_-camera-lenses-_-nikon-fit-_-tamron-150-600mm-f5-6-3-sp-di-vc-usd-lens-nikon-fit_1547624&utm_source=googlebase-extension&mkwid=ovds314t&pcrid=22191572169&gclid=clvotjz-hb4cfchnwgodrlcaog

Seriously tamron/sigma need to take aps-c e-mount serious now, all bets are off for dslr future with the new tracking function. Sony can pile in with lots of versions of the a6k and there is headroom for better noise and dr improvements too. We know 14ev is possible from aps-c and they can improve the raw files and even add 4k video at some stage as well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow