Raging mad A7

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
djp58
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list
Like?
Re: It's your fault I'm afraid....
In reply to windwolf, 4 months ago

windwolf wrote:

I think my main problem is I have relied so much on auto this and that I have forgotten the old days of photography.As long as I can change my ISO and shoot in AP I should be ok I was just concerned about the concerts I shoot and having a high enough shutter speed wow need to start being a photographer again but thats a good thing, there is always positive out of things.

You've hit the nail on the head - the A7 series of cameras are a great way to get back into old style photography.  The only time mine gets put into auto anything is when I hand it over to someone else to take a shot; and that's rare;-)

I shoot primarily old legacy lenses in full Manual or Aperture Priority, with either Auto ISO (I limit to 3200) or manually set ISO.  If shutter speed id too slow, I use a tripod (also rare).  My A7R (and NEX 7 before) have really brought back the joy of photography for me:-)

I have the FE35mm (a fabulous lens - still shoot it mostly manual focus) and have ordered the FE55 and FE70-200.

David

djp58's gear list:djp58's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony 24mm F2 SSM Carl Zeiss Distagon T* Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow