First Official Shoot with OM-D E-M1 (25 1.8, 45 1.8, 75 1.8)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djPanagiotis
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
First Official Shoot with OM-D E-M1 (25 1.8, 45 1.8, 75 1.8)
5 months ago

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share some experiences that I had with the OM-D E-M1 on my first paid shoot with it.  I left all my Nikon gear (Full frame kit with 2 bodies and lots of 2.8 and 1.4 lenses) at home for this and took only my Olympus stuff (OM-D E-M1 and battery grip with 17 1.8, 25 1.8, 45 1.8, 75 1.8).

First off, LOVED that my kit was so small and fit in a Tenba Shootout backpack.  (all my lenses, flashes, triggers, tripod, lightstand, reflector) EVERYTHING fit in something I could carry.  It was amazing to be able to pull that off.

Secondly, the Olympus handled EXTREMELY well.  I am a guy that needs to have something to grip on a camera so I have a battery grip on my E-M1 at all times.  It feels so great to hold and shoot with especially since I shoot in portrait mode at least half the time.  It was a breeze to always nail focus.  I shoot in Full Manual all the time and was very easy to adjust for correct exposure.  I love using the viewfinder as it gives you a great visual as to what you just shot. I also love that every shot that is taken is displayed for a split second once it is shot in the viewfinder.  It is brilliant and lets me know right away if I need to change something (wb, exposure, even sharpness is visible to a certain extent).

Since I have a grip and 2 batteries, the battery issue was a non issue for a shoot like this since it only lasted for a couple of hours.

Finally, there is something about Olympus that lets me get the look I want with minimal post. I was able to upload and process all the images in a much shorter amount of time than with my Nikon gear.  Don't know why, but it just is...

Anyway, love the camera and the results - Am really considering just using Olympus here on out

Here are some examples.

-- hide signature --

My Gallery:
Panagiotis Siafakas: A Collection of Images
http://www.psiafakas.com

djPanagiotis's gear list:djPanagiotis's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Pentax K20D Olympus E-M1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +13 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow