Need DP readers' reliable info re: new computer configuration

Started Apr 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
HappyTailz Regular Member • Posts: 103
Need DP readers' reliable info re: new computer configuration

I have a tendency to "over-search" when looking into something new -- search too many sites, read too many reviews, learning "too much" w/out really understanding it, and ultimately end up not being able to make a decision!

But - since I'm learning to use this forum as my main "go to" for solid information -- is the following is a good configuration? I am no pro, but do take a whole lot of photos. I use LR5 and onOne software.

Dell XPS

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4770 Processor (8M Cache, 3.4 GHz)

2TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s

16GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 4 DIMMs (capability of 32GB)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 645 1.0GB GDDR5 (capable of going to higher Nvidia if needed).

19-in-1 media card reader

Bays
Support for 4 HDD bays: including (3) 3.5” HDDs
–Capable of 1 SSD and 3 HDD configuration

Plenty of ports (3.0 and 2.0)

I've gone back and forth b/t Dell and HP, and since I own a Dell laptop and Dell monitor, I decided to stick with Dell. I have been quite happy with them and the quality and service has been good.

HappyTailz's gear list:HappyTailz's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter +3 more
Samsung i7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow