Since Lightroom is so good, what do you use Photoshop for?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Johanfoto
Senior MemberPosts: 2,894
Like?
Re: Since Lightroom is so good, what do you use Photoshop for?
In reply to skyglider, 6 months ago

skyglider wrote:

Johanfoto wrote:

skyglider wrote:

That said, I still bought LR because it is easier to tone down highlights and overly bright areas, and lighten shadows, without affecting the midtones much. This is much harder to do in Photoshop. Also the clarity and vibrance adjustments are excellent in LR and harder to achieve in Photoshop. I think the sharpness and noise reduction are also easier to do in LR than in PS.

Funny that this is the reason you bought LR, because that is definitely not true. Just use CameraRAW and you have the exact same capabilities in Photoshop. The LR Develop module is an exact copy of CameraRAW, with just minor differences in the interface.

I said I have Photoshop CS2. How can you possibly compare ACR 3 for CS2 with Lightroom 5.3? Totally absurd in my opinion.

You are the one who compares LR 5.3 with Photoshop CS2. I overlooked that fact and assumed you compared something that is comparable.

Or are you saying that I need to buy Photoshop CS6 for $999 dollars (on amazon right now since CS6 has been discontinued) to get ACR for CS6 to get an "exact" copy of LR 5.3's develop module? (I bought LR 5.3 for $79 which is a lot less than $999 in my book.)

I'm not saying that you need to buy anything, but because you made a statement about the differences between doing things in Lightroom versus doing it in Photoshop, I assumed you were comparing the latest version of both programs, because comparing the latest version of one program with an ancient version of the other is indeed absurd.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow