Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,867Gear list
Like?
Re: Samdale,
In reply to Advent1sam, 6 months ago

Advent1sam wrote:

zackiedawg wrote:

Nothing wrong with those! You're getting a quick hang of birding - pelicans and gulls are a great first target because they are fairly large, and fly a little slower, or hover a lot, so it lets you get a feel for tracking and following them. And with the A6000, you definitely have a better chance than with previous NEXes because it really can track much better on that movement.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

Cool, they are great, could Sony be persuaded to make a dedicated aps-c e mount 150-400 4-5.6 and 1.4x tele adapter I wonder! The a6k might become a fabulous wildlife cam?

I've been saying since 2 years ago with my NEX-5N that I'd kill for something like a 200-400mm F5.6 or even 6.3.  The smaller aperture could allow it to be lighter and more compact - as would not having as much wide end, which could make it a very nice birding lens - and I have no problem with the aperture in my sunny climes, so as long as the optical quality is excellent, I don't need a fast F2.8 lens for wildlife down here.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow