Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,053Gear list
Like?
Anyone think Nikon will ever come out with a flip
6 months ago

up touch screen on their FF cameras?  Or is this something you feel you'd want or ever use?

I just got back from Vietnam and Korea a few weeks ago and I didn't take my D800 - I did miss that AF and 36mp at times for sure.  But what I did find really helpful for street photography was the flip up screen on my Olympus E-M5 and while I was on vacation I would think how nice it would be to have a similar screen on my D800 so I could shoot from the hip.  Being able to drop the camera down low makes it less obvious that you are taking photos of someone when on the streets.  It's also nice when you want to take photos of kids and want to get down to their level.

I don't really care for the flip out screen like on some of the cameras that market their video, but the simple flip up screen like the one of the OMD is really nice.

Just wondering…..

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow